As a marketer, it’s important to stay on top of evolving trends in online customer acquisition. But which ones are going to last and which ones are going to be out of date next quarter? It makes sense that you would feel wary of investing time and money into something that you’re not confident will provide a decent ROI.
Visual communication is one of the more popular trends in online marketing and there’s a myriad of data supporting the power and longevity of visual communication as a valuable marketing tool.
Let’s explore some of this data by checking out 10 reasons why visual content is an important addition to your strategy.
1. It takes less than 50 milliseconds to form a first impression (Source)
The takeaway: First impressions are often the last chance to convert a lead into a customer.
2. 81% of people will only skim through content online (Source)
The takeaway: Visual communication adapts your information so the consumer can skim through and still comprehend your content’s vital points.
3. More than 84% of communication will be visual by 2018 (Source)
The takeaway: Content marketing is steadily shifting toward more visual-centric media. Versing yourself in visual content now will help you keep current with emerging trends in the future.
4. 96% of consumers use video to help make purchase decisions online (Source)
Key takeaway: Going back to the basics of marketing: appeal to customer trends!
5. Visual IQ is rising faster than any other form of IQ (Source)
Key takeaway: As people become more reliant on visual content, so should your content.
6. Articles that use supporting imagery receive 94% more views than those without (Source)
Key takeaway: Using visuals will keep your audience engaged and increase your chances of garnering additional audience attention.
7. Articles with an image every 75-100 words receive 2x the number of social shares than those with fewer (Source)
Key takeaway: The fastest growing social networks — Instagram, Snapchat, Tumblr, and Pinterest — rely solely on visual content. You can’t scroll through a Facebook or Twitter feed without running into it, either. Stretch your content to work with your social channels.
8. 95% of B2B Buyers prefer shorter and highly visual content formats (Source)
Key takeaway: B2B buyers tend to vet several vendors at one time, which makes them very busy people that need to make quick and informed decisions. Help them by visualizing your value.
9. 60% of consumers give more consideration to local search results that have images (Source)
Key takeaway: You may be one of several service or product providers in the area. Use images to boost your presence.
10. Infographics are shared 3x more on social networks (Source)
Key takeaway: Social media has become the central hub for sharing all types of content and visuals are always going to get the most attention.
The growing value of visual communication is hard to ignore for marketers, and its popularity will only continue to grow over the next several years.
How will you incorporate visuals into your content strategy this year?